Tourist who intends to visit Nepal must hold valid passport and visa.
a. Entry: Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Royal Nepalese Embassy or Consulates or other mission offices or at the following immigration office in Nepal.
· Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
· Immigration Office, Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
· Immigration Office, Birgunj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
· Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
· Immigration Office, Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
· Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid-Western Nepal)
· Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
· Immigration Office, Gadda Chowki, Mahendra Nagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
1. Visa fee for visitors who enter Nepal for the first time in a Visa year (January – December):
60 days from the date of entry
US$ 30 or equivalent convertible foreign currency
2. Multiple entry facility can be obtained paying additional US$ 50 or equivalent convertible foreign currency. The facility will be valid for a visa year (January – December) if the visa period is valid.
b. Tourist Visa Extension: A tourist visa can be extended up to 120 days from the Department of immigration in Kathmandu and Pokhara Immigration Office on request. Then after an additional 30 days can be extended from Department of Immigration ensuring that tourist visa cannot be extended more than 150 days.
Visa Extension Fee
1. Tourist visa extension fee for 30 days: US$ 30 in equivalent Nepalese currency.
2. Tourist visa extension with multiple entry-facilities: Multiple entry facility can be obtained paying additional US$ 50 or equivalent convertible foreign currency. The facility will be valid for a visa year (January – December) if the visa period is valid.
3. Late fee for not applying extension in time:
· US$2 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for the first 30 days.
· US$3 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for the next 31 – 90 days.
· US$5 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for more than 90 days.
4. Gratis Visa:
· Children below ten years
· Dependence up to the age of 16 years, holding foreign passports of Nepalese parents or either of their parents being a Nepalese citizen.
· Citizen of Nepali Origin, after having obtained passport for the first time from a Nepal based foreign mission, until the period of his departure to a foreign country.
· Citizens of member countries of South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation (SAARC) and the people’s republic of China.
· Any foreigner, who has lived in Nepal up to 15 days, continuously, re-entering Nepal during the same visa year.
· Any foreigner, tourist entering into Nepal, for 3 days or less than that.
Some Important Information to Tourist: Don’t and Do’s
· A tourist may stay in Nepal up to 150 days in a visa year (January – December).
· A tourist must extend his / her visa before expiry of the visa validity period.
· A tourist who does not comply with these regulations may be liable of fine and other prosecution as provided in Immigration Act and Rules.
· A foreigner having obtained tourist visa shall not be allowed to work with or without receiving remuneration.
· A foreigner shall not be allowed to carry out any work other than that for which purpose she/he has obtained the visa.